Friday, October 7, 2011

Vacation

Last week I took J to the east coast to visit my sister, brother-in-law and BEAUTIFUl NIECES. Ahhh... the innocence of my nieces.  M is only 7 months old the sweetest little baby ever.  Many of my days were spent rocking her to sleep and giving kisses as she is not old enough to push you away. 


O is almost 2 years old and every bunch a two year old already.  She is so much fun, her laughter is music to the ears.  Her excitement and innocence in life is one of the things you can't describe as you watch her run around.
O and J

While there J and I stayed with my sister's mother in-law in this beautiful historic victorian home. 


We took J to everything from the renaissance festival, to the smithsonian, to other fun east coast ventures.  J loved it.  I think he relished in the time of having mommy all to himself with four kids this happens rarely. He talked non-stop the whole trip and I could barely leave his side without him following me.  At home J is the oldest and the most independent.  On vacation we spent time reading at night, coloring and playing games.  Was it relaxing for me? Not so much but it was great spending time with him and my sister.  

I love my sister and am blessed to share the relationship that we have.  We talk almost daily about everything.  Her humor is like mine and as I tell my kids your brothers and sisters are the only ones that share the almost exact same life as you.   I miss being able to walk with with her daily and go places with her and my nieces but Thank God for technology.


No comments: