Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Questions and More Questions....

I was reading another blog today about Gratitude and it made me think.  The person was right, I too do not know how to teach this to S.  She yells at me all the time "I never this, I never that....  Your mean.... I want, etc., etc.,.  How do you teach this?  For my other three kids they get it, they understand when someone does something for them, they don't say I never etc....   They say that Aspies are one sided that they only think of themselves, that is why they have a very your expected to do this attitude. Does this then give them an excuse to act the way they do?  I don't think so, it helps or is suppose to help us understand this but does not give them reason too?  I also don't think it helps for me to just accept it.  The question then still reminds how do you teach it? Get them to understand it, in the heat of their rant on this or that? Don't get me wrong S can have the best manners especially with anyone that is not at the home.


I am also beginning to question a lot of stuff.  Yes S has problems with her language skills HINT: just a second ago my son was trying to get a tiny little action figure gun out of some package.  The Gun was the size of a finger nail.  S response "Oh that is a big as a rat." J- "A rat is bigger then this S."  S- "It's as big as a mouse I mean."  THIS IS NOT NORMAL!!!  We went to check the kids classroom assignments a little while ago.  It took S five minutes to figure out how to ask me the name of her teacher - "What is the class called?, I mean who is the lady?,  The class that I am in what is.....?   I mean.....  My answer  - Do you want to know the name of your teacher?  S- yes, please.  - my response  was of course the teacher name.  Poor little thing has the hardest time trying to word her questions, and you sort of have to know what she is trying to ask.  Is this normal or expected with ASpies? Is this part of the pervasive language skills that she lacks?  


The argumentative is a question too - She argues about everything that is not exactly the way she pictures it.  Today we went to Target which in itself is always an FUN ADVENTURE (Sarcastic undertones).  J bought some candy and a toy with money from the tooth fairy - AND LET The RANT began!  You never buy me, blah..., blah...  I try to explain that I am not buying it for him but to no avail it does not stop.  Is that too part of it? Or is that the behavior disorder that they tried to say she has?


FUNNY WORDS today:  I'm all stucky (AKA: she was sticky.)  How do you know when you do your hair? (I Know what she was saying... but do you?)


P.S. - We got the teachers we wanted!!!

No comments: