Monday, May 2, 2011

BECAUSE I LOVE YOU!!!

I love my kids, I really, really do.  Why is it though that I feel that most of time they can't see  this?  I always hated that saying "I'm doing this because I love you...."  While that saying has become one of my greatest lines, used often in our household.  The things that they spend their time crying about is such a waste of time.  It's like come on now!! If you only knew all the fun things that we could spend our time doing if you just stopped all this nonsense.
J hates doing homework, so I have to shove that and reading down his throat.  By the way I LOVE READING, from classics, to pure fun, and educational - LOVE IT ALL!!  So this is like a slap in my face. I threatened him today that if he doesn't stop whining about his homework, his hair is mine!! I would love to cut it sometime soon.  
 M-is always bouncing off the walls literally.  Remember the movie Parenthood with Steve Martin? Their was a part with a kid with a bucket on his head just ramming it into the wall over and over again, that is M. He actually has done this, and boy does he talk back and say "You don't love me, I don't like you!, blah blah...  (he's had a hard past and yes it shows at times.) BUT REALLY KID, I LOVE YOU that is why I'm adopting you.  Yes I can't say that so I just reassure him nicely.  Honestly though he's super, duper smart, just active.
K - oh my K, she truly is the youngest of four, always in everybody's business and has something to say about everything and anything regardless of who it's concerning.  She also loves to eat CONSTANTLY.  This is where our problem is, I do not feed her all the time, I do not feed her junk and she's strong willed so just get's louder and whiner.  OH K!! I am so sorry I do not want to teach you to grow up and scarf food down like the little piggy you want to be.  IT'S BECAUSE I LOVE YOU!!!  
And S - While don't I spend half this blog, blogging about her?  I love you honey, I love you when your screaming hurtful, nasty things at me.  I know you don't understand.  I love you when I'm trying to tell you calmly what you did wrong and your eyes are somewhere else.  I love you when you try to swing at me and say you don't love me.  I love you soooo... much and forever all I WANT TO DO IS LOVE YOU FOREVER!!!!


There are amazing things about my kids that I adore as well. It's just that today seemed like there was some extra nonsense going on. I just wanted them to get it.  How many times do you have to repeat the same thing.  I am learning patience and how to truly stay calm almost sarcastic like.  Now that daddy is gone for a month.  I am looking forward to creative ideas, play time and board games with them.  I know it may be wishful thinking in the business of it all.  But if I get one day like this I will be stoked.  

We bought whiteboards today for schedule making to help S.  I hope tomorrow is a better day.  She had a such a hard time today understanding that daddy left for a little while.  She cried for a hour for her daddy to come home. It broke my heart.  I know that tomorrow will be better. 

No comments: