Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mamma Mia Dia

This mother's day comes this year at a much needed time.  Daddy has been gone this whole week and we have him for one day this week TODAY before he is gone again until the 25th.  S had a hard time with the change of daddy being gone and I am sure she will be crying all day tomorrow again.  New schedules were placed around the house which have come to be a good thing and have lessened the morning chaos a little.  I have managed it all by myself, with sports, homework, and house problems along with the whole other dimension that S brings to everyday.

I am so blessed to be the mother of my four children. Regardless of how I became the mother of J, K, S and M. I love them all the same whether they are my biological or soon to be adopted children.  This is something that I have seen recently is a very hard thing  for people to accept and understand.  I don't have to explain myself, I do want to say though that being a mom is not about necessarily birthing the child because anyone can do that (HONESTLY).  It's about loving your child with all that you give,  even when you have one screaming at you words of anger, It's about teaching the child right and wrong for the life that is ahead of them, it's about telling them each day how much you adore them even when the words have become a blur to them(because you say them too much). I can go on and on.  Many of times I have sat here and said "Why Lord? Why me?"  I don't know why the Lord placed me with each one of my children, I just know that he did. There are times when I look at S and M and tell myself "I shouldn't be the one they call mom."  BUT I AM! I am the one that fights for them, the one that teaches them, loves them and always will.  It warms my heart to watch my children love each other, stand by each other and call each other brother and sister.  There is no seperation in their eyes and there is none in ours.

We had a mother's day tea at S's school with songs and a card that she read to me "My mom is Isabel.  I love my mom because she tack (her spelling) care of me I love you so much.  I like to go shopping with my mom.  She gets what me what I want and sometime you go to special plasis with me.  I love you mom Love S." 
J made me a "Feliz dia de Madre" flower, and M made me a little plaque with his picture and handprint that reads "I love my mommy because she give me cereal and shower in the morning. She colors with me and lets me play with my brothers and sisters." 


I am proud to be MOMMY to each one my little Monkeys. I love them so much and look forward to a well rested day (somewhat).

No comments: