Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Just a Glimpse

"S please brush your teeth."
Enter in bathroom just standing playing with hair
"Alright my turn to brush your teeth." I say.
"I didn't do it (whining voice)"
"I know because you were playing with your hair, it's time to get ready, my turn to brush."
Whining starts about I NEVER get too, yelling at the little ones - YOU DON"T know how to brush your teeth. Don't look at me.
I wait till she stops then she finally submits to me to let me brush her teeth.  She is VERY mad after about it though.
While I'm cleaning she helps her self to string cheese and KICKS K because WHILE just BECAUSE she was standing there.
"S did you just kick her? Why did you kick her?"
"I didn't kick her. I didn't touch her!!!!"
M says "She's lying mommy, she kicked her."
"S go to your room for lying and kicking"
She runs down the stairs while laughing and starts to run from me.  I finally catch her and guide her back to her room while she is WAILING on me.  I do not lay a hand on her.  I place her in her room and speak calmly that she needs to calm down and that we do not lie and kick people, it's not nice.
The FIT is U-G-L-Y.  She's kicking the door, barricading herself in (while trying too), screaming HORRIBLE things to me.  I ignore it and just continue to close the door every time she opens it.
"I DON'T WANT TO STAY IN MY ROOM!  I WON'T STAY IN MY ROOM! YOUR MEAN!  I DON'T WANT TO STAY IN MY ROOM!....."

"You lied and hit, that's not nice. We don't do that, we use our words."
"I DON'T WANT TO STAY IN MY ROOM!"
"Then don't hit and run from me."
"I DON'T WANT TO STAY IN MY ROOM! YOUR MEAN! IT'S NOT ABOUT YOU MOMMY!"
"Your right S it's not about me, it's about God and me helping you to learn the rules."
"YOU DON'T KNOW THE RULES!"
"I know your not suppose to hit, run from mommmy and lie to me."
"YOUR MEAN!"
"I'm sorry you feel that way."
"IT'S NOT ABOUT YOU!"
"It's not about me, it's about showing Love and Respect to the Lord."
"THERE ARE NO RULES!"
"You know the 5th commandment Honor your mother and father.'"
"IT'S NOT ABOUT YOU!"
"Your right it's not about me."
"IT'S NOT ABOUT YOU!"
"Your right it's not about me."
I walk away, the rage starts over agian with yelling, and screaming.  After a few minutes, I go into her room and pull her onto my lap and stroke her hair "Shhh... it's okay. "  "I don't want to stay in my room."
"Why are you in your room?" I hit
"Why are you in your room? I kicked
"S you ran from me and lied to me. If you told me the truth and didn't run you would have already been done with time-out.  You need to wait until it's time to leave for school. What am I asking you to do?"  To stay in my room.

I walk out, 2 minutes past and the "IS IT TIME YET!  IS IT TIME YET!  YOUR NOT LISTENING TO ME! I WANT TO GET OUT!"  she's kicking the door and whining. Her door has no lock on it, already no door knob, she broke it in one of her previous slamming the door fits.  There are no tears, just yelling. It starts all over agian and it's still going "IT'S NOT FAIR!  I WANT TO GO DOWNSTAIRS!"

LORD help me, help me with the little ones that have to listen to her. Help me so that they don't learn from her.  Help me to continue to have patience that only comes from you.

One of my concerns with all of this is - What is going to happen if my kid doesn't understand how to do time-outs.  She can't even focus on the fact that she did something wrong, she's only concerend about herself because SHE's AN ASPIE!! I've already walked her more then 4x upstairs, she goes running over and over again.  I know she loves me and adores me because she writes it in her letters and will tell me.  Why is it then that at times like this, I feel like she HATES me!  Am I wrong for trying to teach her right and wrong, all I am doing is trying to give her a time-out.   It's times like this, that I can't wait for the counseling to start, OH CRAP she's throwing her wooden play food at the wall.n GOTTA RUN before I get a hole in my wall from a six year old.  IS that possible?  I PRAY NOT

2 comments:

Teresa Rose said...

Let us not lose heart in doing good, for in due time we will reap if we do not grow weary. -Galatians 6:9

You are doing so amazing. Just keep breathing... and praying. He will give you the wisdom and strength.

frankefirst said...

Thank you Teresa for pointing to the cross. So true it's not my strength but his alone and this I lean on daily.