Sunday, May 15, 2011

The real deal

Since Daddy has been gone. This has been one of the hardest weeks. It seems like I can not get enough rest time or time to revitalize myself, catch up with my never-ending list and the effects of this are causing me to be DRAINED!!  I thought last night "Oh... we have no morning events for Saturday, we can all sleep in until 7:30 at least maybe 8am.  The kids have to be tired." However, I must have been dreaming when I thought this as it all started at 6am today.

K woke up bright eye and bushy tail, yelling "Mommy" at the top of her lungs.  She must have forgotten that she was asleep in bed next to me.  I was not yet awake...
She began her pleads to go downstairs, I woke up walked alone downstairs asking her to follow because I did not want to carry her because I was not yet awake....
In the long run after all the crying and screaming and she woke EVERYONE, I had to carry her downstairs to stop her and I WAS NOT YET AWAKE!!
I put on a show and asked them to please let me sleep on the couch for a little while BUT NO the requests began for breakfast, snack, something.  WHAT ABOUT ME!!! I have had no coffee yet and I AM NOT YET Awake!!!
Finally mange to crawl to the kitchen to make myself a pot of coffee, breakfast for the kids, and a phone call to my mother. My mother was not created for encouragement more of a reality slap when you need it.  The "Oh sweetie you are a wonderful mother, you are amazing..." is not what you hear but "you need vitamins,  well you choose to do the sports with them, yes you are a good mom, I'm just saying..."  Oh still NOT YET AwAKE for this phone call.

then --  Showers, baths, boys ready for some baseball games, grandma arrives to stay with the girls at home, off to the ball field for two games back to back.  Drop M off at his game go to sit down on bleachers, AND J forgot his glove - SO AM NOT IN THE MOOD for this!

With THREE miles left in the tank rush home to get glove, change clothes because by now I am sweating, pump gas to make it back to the field, drop off J at his baseball game, catch the end of M's tee-ball game.

Then get to sit for a little while and enjoy J's game.  He did very well stealing three bases to score a run.  Then back to the swing of things.  Pick up S and K for a birthday party leave M because he's just a wreck of exhaustion then to the birthday for two and half hours.

Today was Tata's birthday that I so wanted to go too but I had to admit defeat. I had to cancel because I was just too tired to make it.  The movie started at 6:30pm after more baths and dinner.  Now they are reading in bed before I say goodnight.  I promised J he can have special time tonight so the mommy duties have not ended.

 I AM STILL NOT yet awake hint I am on my second cup of coffee at 8pm, it's not working.  J had a really hard day today he's getting tired of S always saying he's wrong, and not understanding him and to top it off he misses his Daddy.

I give so much credit to the men/women of serviceman/woman and .  I don't know how you do it!! I give credit to all the single moms - I don't know how you do it!!!  I know that daddy's time away is going to be awhile but dealing with four kids is one thing, dealing with Aspergers is another and all the other appointments in between.

This is the daily adventure of what goes on in the REAL everyday life. Didn't it make you tired just hearing it??

No comments: